Roberts Buncis trial: court told murder accused lured Boston schoolboy out of home in middle of night with promise of £50

Student Roberts Buncis agreed to meet the teenager charged with his murder early in the morning after being promised £ 50 to carry a bag, a court heard.

Roberts was found dead behind Alcorn Green, Fishtoft, Boston around 10 a.m. on Saturday, December 12, 2020 – two days before his 13th birthday.

A 14-year-old boy, who cannot be named due to his age, is denying Roberts’ murder and on trial in Lincoln Crown Court.

The jury heard that Roberts suffered repeated stab wounds to the back and neck and that he was hit with such force that the tip of the knife broke off and got stuck in his skull.

He was stabbed in the head, neck, trunk, legs and arms and died from complications from his injuries, and the jury was also told that it looked like an attempt was made to cut off his hand.

The court heard that in the wee hours of the morning of Jan.

Roberts asked, “Am I moving a body?” whereupon the jury heard, the defendant replied: “No, a bag.”

Flower honors in Alcorn Green, Boston, after Roberts Buncis was found dead

The court also heard previous messages between the defendant and Roberts in which the defendant apparently offered him the opportunity to make money selling drugs.

The defendant, the jury heard, said Roberts would keep all the money from the first deal “because he trusted them” and then 15 percent of what he sold.

Prosecutor Mary Loram, QC, said the defendant wrote to another boy at 2:24 pm on December 12 and said, “It happens.”

She said, “Something is happening that Roberts doesn’t know about.

“Roberts is lured out of his house with the promise of money for what the defendant wears.”

She added that “the ferocity of this attack on Roberts” means that there can be no possible defense against charges of murder.

“But that started [The defendant] used a knife to inflict these injuries on Roberts, “Ms. Loram said.

“He stabs him over and over again, using so much force that he leaves the tip of the knife in the skull.”

Ms. Loram told the jury that the defendant assaulted a boy in town on December 7th whom he believed was “a snitch.”

The prosecutor said another boy involved in the incident said he hoped Roberts was “not a snitch,” to which the defendant replied, “But Rob is a liability.

Roberts Buncis’ funeral in Boston

Ms. Loram said the boy also sent the defendant a message saying “Robs dead” and given a seven-day countdown to midnight on December 13th.

She told the jury, “When dealing with teenagers, you may want to pull stupidity out of true intent.

“We propose what words of [the other boy] may have taken on a darker meaning [the accused].

Roberts lived with his father Edgars Buncis on Freiston Road, Boston and attended Haven High Academy in the city.

The process continues.

Continue reading
Continue reading

Comments are closed.