PTFE errors top list of common plumbing mistakes
Ahead of World Plumbing Day (tomorrow 11th March), Bristan has revealed the results of a survey of its On Tap installer community to find out the most common plumbing mistakes they encounter on the job.
Voted as the number one plumbing annoyance was ‘PTFE around thread on compression fitting’, followed by ‘consumers buying parts online that aren’t suitable for the plumbing system, just because they like the look’.
The top five common plumbing mistakes as voted by Bristan’s On Tap community are:
- PTFE around threads on compression fittings
- Consumers buying parts online that aren’t suitable for the plumbing system, just because they like the look
- Removing a blocked trap and pouring it down the sink
- Underestimating what plumbers do and the belief that anyone can do plumbing
- Not changing the fibre washer when changing taps, WC inlet valves and ball valves
Andy Steer, plumber at AM Steer Ltd and Bristan’s On Tap Moderator, comments: “I’ve worked with Bristan for many years – from providing feedback to launch their Easyfit Taps, to now moderating the On Tap Facebook group. They’re great to work with and are always open to suggestions and feedback on how they can improve their products for installers.”
For exclusive product news, updates and giveaways, you can join Bristan’s On Tap community here: https://www.bristan.com/installers-home/on-tap