New rapid testing centre to open in Lincoln
A new rapid test center for people without symptoms is scheduled to open April 12 at the Sudbrooke Drive Community Center in Lincoln.
The community center on Croft Street (St. Swithins) in Lincoln was closed on March 31st, and the LNER Stadium is slated to close on April 11th at 8pm.
The Boston Borough Council has also announced that it will downsize its test centers at the Skirbeck St Nicholas Community Center to just one.
It will be open at least until the end of June.
Here are all of the other Lincolnshire Rapid Test sites as of April 7th:
- Lincoln – Sudbrooke Drive Community Center, Lincoln, LN2 2EF – for Key Workers, open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Boston – Skirbeck St. Nicholas Community Center, Fishtoft Rd, Boston, PE21 0DJ – will remain open until the end of June. The opening times change from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Grantham – Grantham West Community Center, Trent Road – opens April 6, 2021 – 8.30am to 2.30pm Mondays; Tuesdays from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays from 8.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. – only for key workers without symptoms
- Sleaford – Sleaford Town Football Club Grounds Eslaforde Park, Boston Road, Sleaford, NG34 9GH (Home test kits available as a temporary asymptomatic test determination from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. seven days a week from a mobile unit on the site)
- Gainsborough – Gainsborough Leisure Center, The Avenue, Gainsborough DN21 1EP
- Horncastle – Stanhope Hall, 1 Boston Road, Horncastle, LN9 6EY
- Louth – Meridian Leisure Center, Wood Lane, Louth, LN11 8SA
- Skegness – Art Space, Embassy Theater, Grand Parade, Skegness, PE25 2UG
- Trusthorpe – Trusthorpe Village Hall, Sutton Road, Trusthorpe, LN12 2PL
You don’t need to book an appointment to have an asymptomatic test at one of the centers.
Swab tests are available to people aged 16 and over. Results are known within 30 to 60 minutes and no appointment is required.
Tests help identify those who unknowingly have the virus and the goal is to stop the spread.
People with symptoms should not take part in rapid test sites, but rather go to existing test centers.
Side flow test kits, which can provide results in up to 30 minutes, will be available to take home from Friday at multiple locations.