Lincoln Cathedral donates over £20k to YMCA Lincolnshire
There were 664 cases of coronavirus and two COVID deaths in Greater Lincolnshire on Wednesday.
The government’s COVID-19 dashboard reported 332 new cases in Lincolnshire, 226 in North East Lincolnshire and 106 in North Lincolnshire on Wednesday.
The number is 7% higher than last Wednesday’s 618 cases.
NHS England reported two new deaths of COVID positive hospital patients in the Greater Lincolnshire area, one with the United Lincolnshire Hospital Trust and the other with the Northern Lincolnshire And Goole NHS Trust.
Government officials also reported the death of a North Lincolnshire resident.
Nationally, cases rose 44,104 to 5,563,006, while deaths rose 73 to 128,896.
At the local level, the Lincolnshire COVID vaccination program has hit its 85% target after giving well over 900,000 first and second doses to people across the county.
The vaccination teams have reached 84.5% of the eligible population (first vaccination, cohorts 1-12) and continue to urge people to report and be vaccinated.
Nationally, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has apologized for the disruption caused by the self-isolation rules, but said isolation from contacts is a “vital” defense against COVID.
New figures from the Care Quality Commission have shown that there were more than 39,000 coronavirus-related deaths in care homes in England between April 10, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
The ONS has also said that around 92% of adults in the UK have antibodies to COVID.
Coronavirus data for Greater Lincolnshire on Wednesday July 21st July
76,038 cases (plus 664)
- 49,853 in Lincolnshire (up 332)
- 11,740 in North Lincolnshire (up 106)
- 14,445 in northeast Lincolnshire (up 106)
2,205 deaths (one higher)
- 1,627 from Lincolnshire (no change)
- 303 from North Lincolnshire (one up)
- 275 from North East Lincolnshire (no change)
thereof 1,320 hospital deaths (plus two)
- 819 at the United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust (one higher)
- 43 in the Lincolnshire Community Health Service hospitals (no change)
- 1 at Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust (no change)
- 457 in Northern Lincolnshire (NLAG) (one higher)
5,563,006 UK cases, 128,896 Deaths