City & Guilds Introduction to Plastering
What you will learn
This 5 day plastering course has been recognized by City & Guilds as a comprehensive introduction to plastering. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive an Able Skills Certificate from City & Guilds to confirm the skills you have learned.
During this 5-day cleaning course you will learn:
- Health & Safety and PPE
- For cutting and fixing plasterboard to walls and ceilings
- Mask off standard and internal joints
- Cut and fix angular beads around windows and ceilings
- Prepare the surfaces before plastering with adhesive plaster and finishing plaster. Make sure you have a flat surface ready to decorate
- Mix cleaning materials
- Skim walls
- Skim over ceilings
- Apply PVA adhesive Unibond to existing surfaces.
How you will learn
The principles of plastering are taught in a practical way. The course is carried out exclusively in the workshop under the guidance of our cleaning instructors, who ensure that you finish your training with the confidence to cope with the necessary cleaning work.
- Cut and attach plasterboard to ceilings and walls
- Skim the ceiling with the six levels dry, wet, wet, dry
- Complete all remaining boardings from day 1
- Cut the pearls and fix them to pierce them
- Prepare 2 walls to apply skimming
- Prepare the pier before flying over it.
- Skim over the studded wall and 2 remaining ceilings
- Perform plastering materials from screed with points, then apply a scratch layer before filling the screeds with a feather edge to prevent the pre-formed screeds from getting a flush surface
- PVA blankets and skim
- PVA and skim walls.
- Rub the plaster onto a smooth surface to complete all work.
- Discuss the work done in the first week.
Courses that are open to you afterwards
Able Skills offers a variety of qualified plastering courses. So if you would like additional training in other areas of internal and external plastering, you can choose between a City & Guilds approved plastering course, an NVQ Level 2 plastering course or even a City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma qualification.
All tools and materials will be provided for you during the course. If, after one week of plastering this course with us, you decide to upgrade to one of the recognized plastering qualifications listed above, we will adjust your training time and fees accordingly for the 5-day plastering course you have completed.
This insured introductory plastering course is also available on weekends. Two consecutive weekends are allocated to complete the course. The content is slightly different as the area you are working in is already turned off so you can make up for the lost day.
This course can be pretty messy. Please bring suitable clothing. For your own safety, steel toe shoes are essential.
All of our courses are held in our dedicated training center in Dartford, Kent. The center can be easily reached by road and is only 10 minutes away from junction 1a of the M25. We are just a short walk from Dartford Railway Station, which is served by frequent trains that are 35 minutes from central London. For those traveling from further afield we have our own accommodation for just £ 20 a night.
We are open to visitors 7 days a week (8.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.). If you’d like to learn more about this course or Able Skills, feel free to drop by without an appointment being required.
Duration & costs
The cost of this Certified Plastering Introductory Course is £ 395.00 including VAT. A deposit of £ 150.00 secures a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date.
The cost of this Certified Plastering Introductory Course is £ 395.00 including VAT. A deposit of £ 150.00 secures a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date